Thanks to all who attended our Annual General Meeting on the 19th of May. It was a last minute location change from online to offline thankfully and held in the beautiful relaxing Jingili Water Park. A great turn out for the event almost 30 people showed up, a new record? Perhaps it was the location or maybe the free pizza enticed a few.
Points of discussion included less walks as usual this was down to issues with the permits office and of course COVID-19 shutting down all activities and parks for a time. However there is a group of members currently in talks with Kakadu about how we can best support each other. Also the committee offered complimentary 2020-21 membership for all members who signed up before March 28th
In recognition of the fabulous commitment given by the club walk leaders, the committee received a $100 voucher kindly donated by The NT General Store. A draw was held that resulted in Simon Townsend winning the voucher. To note the NT General Store offered prizes for events held during the year.
We voted in the new committee
APPOINTMENT OF NEW COMMITTEE
- Marj King took the Chair and called sequentially for nominations. The following were appointed:
- President – Mara Dobrini (moved Karen Makrikostas,seconded Con Makrikostas);
- Vice President Amanda Robertson (moved Chris Obst, seconded Verena Tinning);
- Secretary Cheryl Winstanley (moved Mara Dobrini, seconded Simon Townsend);
- Treasurer Chris Obst (moved Mara Dobrini, seconded Rezy van Beek);
- General Committee members – Sam Crameri, Annette Plowman, Nastassja Regan and Simon Townsend.
Note that Simon Townsend was nominated as Public Officer, and Annette Plowman was nominated as membership officer, and Nastassja Regan nominated as Social Media officer
Mara Dobrini resumed the chair.
And of course the reminder DBC consists of volunteers who love sharing their love of our great outdoors. Many give their time and energy and should be applauded for their efforts. This is YOUR club and it’s only as good as its members-so please get involved!